Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Jose F. Torres

Complaining vs. Fixing vs. Accepting
As human beings we are always complaining about any situation in our lives, whether is professional or personal. However, when we complain we try to find a solution to the problem and if that solution solves our problems acceptance is the result. My biggest complain in my life right now, is the fact that it seems that I do not have enough time in the day to finish anything. I work full-time, I go to school full-time and I’m also a husband and a father. There are times that I just cannot finish one thing alone, it frustrates me that I cannot fulfill one task. The only solution that I’ve found so far is to wake up earlier in the day and manage my time better, I have made myself a schedule on how to do things; I read during my train back home and when I’m eating my meals I finish my homework. Sometimes my wife gives me ideas on how to do my projects, but basically I do it all alone. I know that my life is hectic and I complain a lot, but I’ve tried to find a solution to my problem and I think that I am managing my time better.
Real Love vs. “The Ideal”
I think that real love and the ideal love are halves truths, we are always in the search of happiness especially happiness in love. Men and women have different ideas on love, women from the moment they are born they are thought that at one point in her life she will find prince charming. She starts watching fairy tale movies that shows prince charming being tall, dark and handsome; sensitive and especially always agreeing with her, which in real life is not always true. Men in the other hand do not have that kind of perspective; we want someone that wants us and of course if that person looks like Megan Fox it would be the ideal. However reality hits, we could be prince charming and be tall, dark and handsome; but there will always be issues that as a couple might not agree with. When I got married I thought life would be easier since I found the woman that completed me, with her I ended my search for companionship she is the person that understands me and gets me. My ideal woman is someone that loves to run like I do, loves to have everything
in order and precisely clean; but my reality is that my wife is my complete opposite, but I think that is why that after almost ten years of marriage I’ve realized that I love her more now than I did back then. One can create an ideal person that would understand one’s needs, but when reality sets in we have no other choice than to accept it.
Spending More Time with Loved Ones
I am guilty of not spending time with my loved ones it is not that I do not want to, but I just do not have enough time for it. The little time off that I have I use it to entertain my four year-old daughter and usually she leaves me exhausted. Mu family understands my sacrifices and they are willing to forgive the lack of attention that I give to them. I really make a huge effort to satisfy my family and spend time with them, and when I do I am the happiest of all men. My mother lives in Ecuador and I bring her here every year, because I cannot travel at the moment; I do not have any vacation days left. This year has been a difficult one, I lost a very important person in my life and I feel guilty that I could not spend time with him in his last days. It wasn’t that I did not want to I just couldn’t, and because of that I’ve made a priority in my life that I need to have my family and loved one around me at all times; because I’ve never known how long I would have them around and I do not want to miss anything in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment